How It Works
How Do I Go Clothes Shopping?
How many times have you come home having bought something that you did not plan to buy? Or more frequently; you come home having spent much more than you had planned to?
This is often the case when it comes to clothes shopping and we are going to give you some very important tips to help you stay out of the pitfalls.
Some of the first things to recognize are these:
- Without a set plan of what clothes you wish to buy; you will often return home from a shopping trip with much more than you intended to buy and this is surely going to upset the apple cart when it comes to your budget.
- Or you would have forgotten to buy something that you really wanted to.
- You would have bought clothes that you are going to end up not liking and it would only lead to you either giving it away or packing it away in some dark corner of your closet probably never to be looked at again.
- You are going to have to find a way to pay for the clothes that you now do not want and this is going to cause a domino effect because in the first place it was never in your budget.
- This is only going to lead to short falls in other areas of your household finances and at the end of the day you are going to have to incur unnecessary headaches.
So what is the solution to all of the above? Here is what we propose and we guarantee you that our suggestions are going to assist you to become much better at managing your clothes shopping. These strategies will apply whether or not you are shopping for yourself or for your family.
- Never go clothes shopping on any day to shop for the entire family. Too often, you would lose focus on what each person is looking for and more often than not you would either end up buying something for someone that you did not intend to because you are rushing to finish your shopping trip or you forgot to buy something that you needed.
- It is probably a good idea to split the shopping trips as follows: Ladies and girls on one day, and men and boys on another. Or adults on one day and kids on another. This will definitely help to complications and mix-ups.
- It is always best to allocate as much time as you can for clothes shopping. It is never a good idea to combine clothes shopping with something else. There is nothing worse than rushing your clothes shopping because you need to be somewhere else.
- Clothes shopping is a time consuming event; you cannot rush it or else you will surely end up with things that you never intended to buy or things that you forgot to buy.
- You need to leave plenty of time for such things as trying on time, decision-making time, and searching for what you are really looking for.
- Finally, travel time between stores and allowances to be made for time to be spent in traffic snarls.
Here are some resources to get you started:
Top Ten Shopping Tips | My Year Without Clothes Shopping:
How to Shop for Clothes: 7 Steps:
How to Go Back to School Shopping: 6 Steps (with Pictures)